Call The Document People at 800-515-0837 graphic

Learn more about our Name Change document preparation services


Obtain a Legal Name Change without Hiring an Attorney

If you’re ready for a fresh start, legally changing your name can be a big step towards your new beginning. Maybe you have recently divorced and want to shed your married name; perhaps you want a new name that reflects important changes in your life; or you simply don’t like the name you were born with.

No matter what your reasons are, you don’t have to be stuck with a name you don’t want, and you don’t need to hire a lawyer to change it.

How to Legally Change Your Name

To legally obtain a new name you will need to file a petition to the court in the area where you reside. Your petition will need to state why you want to change your name and what you would like your new name to be. The court will issue a hearing date for approving your new name once your petition has been submitted.

Keep in mind that you will also be required to publish your name change in a local newspaper that is legally qualified to publish court orders and official notices. After your name has been legally changed by the court you can easily submit your new name to government agencies, your creditors, your bank, and other companies to get started on your new life.

Changing Your Name Is Affordable with The Document People

All you have to do is simply provide us with information about your name change. We will prepare all the documentation you need and file your petition with the court on your behalf. We’ll even publish your petition in a local newspaper that’s accepted by the court, so you don’t have to.
Stop thinking about your new name and start living it!

Contact us for pricing and more information.

For an Adult Name Change, click here

For a Minor Name Change, click here