Call The Document People at 800-515-0837 graphic

Missing spouse divorces in California.

An alternate way of serving your spouse.

We tackled missing spouse divorces in California on this blog before. After proving that a serious effort has been put into finding the missing spouse, the petition can ask the court to publish the petition in a local newspaper and proceed with the case that way.
A different way of completing the case is now allowed by the court for those filers who cannot afford the filing fee and ask the court to waive the hefty $435 filing fee to open a divorce case.
The low income petitioner may now request to do posting instead of publishing. Posting is a method of process serving only if there is a missing spouse divorce and the petitioner cannot afford to serve by publication. A fee waiver must have been filed and approved by the Judge prior to requesting service by posting and an approved copy of your fee waiver must accompany your application for order for posting.
Once your order has been granted, someone over the age of 18 must post a copy of your order with the court for 28 days. A copy of the documents posted must also be mailed to the respondent’s last known address. The person who posts and mails the documents must complete a proof of service by posting. The Request to Enter Default and finals for divorce may be filed on the 59th day after the first day of posting.
The Document People is a network of legal document assistants in Los Angeles with a common purpose: helping customers with their missing spouse divorces in Los Angeles. We are looking forward to offering assistance with your missing spouse divorces in the We the People office Woodland Hills, We The people office Santa Monica and We the People office Glendale. Also in San Fernando, Torrance, Anaheim and Oceanside as The Document People.
The information contained in this blog – including information of a legal nature – is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Missing Spouse Divorce

Missing Spouse Divorce